Joined: 17 Jul 2007
|Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:24 am Post subject: MONEY NOT ENOUGH ?
|Times are hard. We hear this all the time now. But what does this really mean ? A year ago, people were getting laid off thier jobs as companies struggled with rising costs. However, that was has led to a majority of us conjuring up ways to 'make more miney', so we can continue to enjoy what we had before. While it may appear unfair that we're working so hard for the same income, it really is not our employer's fault. And as 'times' would dictate, it's a call for us to rise to the challenges of today.
The esclating cost of living no longer matches your monthly income, especially if you are the sole family breadwinner or have several children. And no matter how much effort you've put in, your employer cant give you an increment as they too, are quite strapped by teh economic climate. The best course of action ? Two ways of strecthing your salary --- you can either save more or earn more.
SAVE MORE ON..................
- Switch off the air conditioning after two hours when the room has cooled.
- Switch off electrical appliances when not in use
- Use a gas cooker instead of an electric one
- Make and stick to a grocery list to avoid buying unnecessary items.
- Be 'price concious' and always compare price.
- Buy in bulk at hypermarket and wet market
- Cook instead of eating out; it's less costly especially for big families
- Pack lunch boxes to work.
- Try planting a vegetable plot or fruit trees
- Downscale your car to one that consumes less fuel
- Walk or take public transport instead of a taxi
- Invest in an bicycle
- Take short, local holidays instead of going overseas.
- Plan your holidays well ahead to enjoy cheaper air fars and tours
- Cut down on facials, concerts, gym memberships and the likes.
- Promise yourself a treat with money left over at the end of the month - that gives you the incentive to save.
However, there's only so much you can save. If you/re down to the bare necessities with the occasional treat, you may need to consider other possibilities. This could only mean one thing ---- you need to earn more than you do now.