Joined: 17 Jul 2007
|Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:35 am Post subject: Egg Surprise
1 tbsp flour
250 ml hot milk
8 large eggs
60g grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
pinch of nutmeg
1. pre heat oven to 190.C. grease a lareg baking dish with half of better.
2. Heat remaining butter in saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour and mix well. Pour in milk. Season with salt and pepper and nutmeg. Cook over low heat.
3. Seperated egg, with whites all in one bowl and each yolk in a separate dish.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff then fold into white sauce. Pour this into baking dish.
5. Using back of soup spoon, shape 8 spaced indentations in teh white sauce/egg whites mixture. Carefully slide an egg yolk into each little hole.
6. Sprinkle cheese over and back 10-15 mins in oven